Tackers is a new entry-level sailing program for primary school aged children that has been operating in Victoria for the past five years. Designed around kids, for kids, the Tackers program seeks to provide a vibrant new approach to sail training that recognises that the learning styles of children differs from those of adults.
Tackers is based around some core values that inform everything that is delivered and communicated about the program.
1) Kids Centric
2) Non-competitive, fun and social
3) Delivered by professional, young, instructors
4) Program consistent across locations
5) Branded modern presentations
6) Target kids outside of existing yacht club membership
7) Value for money relative to programs in other sports
8) Graduate pathway over several steps and seasons
Tackers Intro A taster to see if Tackers is right for you
Tackers 1 (Fun and Confidence) is the first step, and will provide the student, after 20 hours group tuition, with a basic degree of comfort to sail a small boat in company with another, in light to medium wind conditions.
Tackers 2 (Tricks and Techniques) moves on from Tackers one teaching the student better sailing, tricks, techniques and sailing safely by themselves.
Tackers 3 (Go Fast) moving on from Tackers two, teaching the student beginner racing skills in readiness for club and green fleet Opti racing.
To book online, simply click on the required date below and that will take you directly to the online form.